As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR READERS: What Book Changed You?

thinking - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Robin Harper: What book has changed you the most? The one that you can point to and say without a doubt that you were not the same person you were before you started reading it. Which one altered your perspective of the world, of yourself, or even changed the path your life was heading down? Tell me about the power of stories! Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: New Words

humanity - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Angel Martinez: For both – our world and our understanding of ourselves have both evolved rapidly over the last ten years. What new words did you learn recently to describe aspects of gender, attraction and sexuality? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR WRITERS: Keeping Readers Engaged

reader - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Nathan Smith: For writers: how do you keep your reading audience engaged between books (especially for those of us who write at a slower pace than others–I know there are authors out there who can pump out multiple novels or novellas every month or so, I’m not that type of writer at all). Join the chat

FOR READERS: What Makes it Hot?

gay stormtroopers - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Robin Harper: “What makes a sex scene hot? A study between the sheets!” Chime in with what makes a sex scene really WORK for you, and what doesn’t. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR AUTHORS: Share Your Facebook Page

Facebook Page

We do this from time to time – asking our QSF authors to share their Facebook page on the site, with a short description of who they are and what they write. Then other authors and readers can follow them to keep up with their new work. So authors, add your FB page link and a short description of who you are and what you write. Authors and readers, like all the ones that interest you. :) Join the chat

Ridiculous Reads

Smiley - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Ryane Chatman: What are your favorite completely ridiculous reads and why? I have some reads that are just so implausible and ridiculous, but I love them anyway. Random new characters, events props, anything that makes you raise an eyebrow or even laugh. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

Jeff Baker: Boogieman in Lavender – Sleator and Selden; of Genies and Singularities

Jeff Baker

We are out there. We are not always obvious. In the days before the 21st Century’s sometimes grudging acceptance of LGBT YA authors, such authors labored largely in the closet, their works publicly known while their orientation was not. Two authors whose works have recently crossed my desk again are William Sleator and George Selden. Both names are probably jogging a bygone memory or two. Both had at least one familiar hit; Sleator with “Interstellar Pig,” and Selden with “The Cricket in Times Square.” And both men had definite LGBT connections. I’ll start with Sleator (pronounced “Slater.”) I first encountered … Read more