As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR AUTHORS: Intentional Symbolism?

symbolism - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Isaac Walker-Tye: I’ve always sat in literature classes and wondered if these authors that are studied actually intended to put messages and symbolism in their works, or if we’re just seeing patterns where there are none. What do you aim to do with your writing? Do you write to make something purely enjoyable with no underlining complexity, or do you try to include messages (be it moral, political, religious or so forth)? Join the chat

My Favorite Horror Story – Jeff Baker, Boogieman In Lavender

Jeff Baker

Back in 2000, Mike Baker (no relation) and Martin Greenberg edited an anthology called “My Favorite Horror Story.” The setup was simple: several horror writers (Stephen King, Harlan Ellison, F. Paul Wilson) were asked to pick a favorite horror story and tell why they picked it. Chosen authors included Robert Bloch, Phillip K. Dick and Japanese master Edogawa Rampo. This anthology appeared before the recent big boom in LGBT-themed genre fiction, so I could select a story for the anthology (if asked, nobody has.) So, which LGBT-themed horror story would I pick as my favorite for an anthology? The story … Read more

FOR READERS: Please Write This For Me

cat - beg - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer MK Mancos: What would you like to see your favorite QSF authors write about, and why? Answer generally, or specifically if you have something you’ve been dying to see from a particular author. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat