As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR WRITERS: Getting to the End

The End - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Denise Dechene: I’ve seen some authors say that they knew the ending of their stories before anything else. What is your method. Do you have the ending and have to go back to begin it or do you have the middle and have to work out how they got there then where they are going? Editor’s comment: the classic pantser vs. plotter debate. :P Join the chat

Rabid Reader Recommendations — R3 Wednesdays!

WELCOME to Rabid Reader Recommendations, or R3 WEDNESDAYS! We host this discussion the first Wednesday of every month; it’s a great opportunity to recommend and discuss works you have enjoyed in queer speculative fiction. For September R3, the theme is: Historical! HOW IT WORKS: The works have to be QUILTBAG Speculative Fiction. They have to be related to the theme. This is a reader discussion. Don’t recommend your own works–get someone to do it for you! Please include a Goodreads link or something comparable. You can create a new comment for each recommendation if you’d like. You may also add … Read more

FOR WRITERS: When Readers Don’t Get It

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Bey Deckard: Here is my writer question, and I think it’s particularly for indie writers or those with small presses that have some control over their books: What do you do when someone reads your new book “wrong”? I don’t mean when a reader doesn’t get your genius and misunderstands your cunningly crafted plot line ;) I mean, what do you do when a reader picks up your book thinking it’s historical when really it’s fantasy or AU? Or when they expect the book to be all about hardcore BDSM when in … Read more