As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR READERS: I Like My Christmas in July

winter holiday - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Tam Ames: Seasonal stories – do you only read Christmas stories in December or do you not care much when you read them? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Don’t Give Away the Story!

Spoiler Alert

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Denise Dechene: I’ve noticed a trend of blurbs being long. After reading them you feel like why read the book the plot is already known. Is there an algorithm or blue print for writing blurbs? Do you think too many blurbs are giving away their story? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Platypus or Tentacled Monster?

Platypus - Pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer K.S. Trenten: Platypus or tentacled monster? Yes, it’s a silly topic. I’m just curious what we’ll all say. Let’s broaden this out a bit. What’s the wildest non-human or human-shifter type of character you’ve run across? And fave book featuring said type of character? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Tops, Middles, and Bottoms

top bottom - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Kari Trenten: Do you enjoy having pairings with roles such as top/bottom, seme/uke, butch/femme? Or do you prefer something more ambiguous and equal? Does this preference apply to cover imagery as well as how the characters develop within the story itself? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here - 123rf purchased

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Denise Dechene: I’ve read a lot of good books over the years. There are some authors who don’t write anymore due to illness, death, retirement, etc. Is there someone in particular who you wished was still writing? A series never finished? Is there an archive of authors who have passed or retired? Join the chat

FOR READERS: Gourmet or Gourmand?

buffet - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Angel Martinez: Gourmet or gourmand? Do you read very specific things and refuse to venture far afield, or are you an “if it’s a story, I’ll try it” kind of reader? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat