As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

FOR READERS/WRITERS: Skoliosexuals, Enbies and Bears, Oh My

human - pixabay

FOR BOTH READERS AND WRITERS Today’s topic comes from QSFer J. Scott Coatsworth: I recently came across the term “skoliosexual,” meaning someone attracted to nonbinary (transgender, agender, genderqueer, etc.) partners. Another recent acquisition for my vocabulary – “enby” – or NB – non binary. There are so many terms these days for different kinds of folks across the queer spectrum that many of us loose track. I thought it would be great to bring up a bunch of these terms and what they mean. If you fall into a category that many folks aren’t yet familiar with, share it and … Read more

Rabid Reader Recommendations — R3 Wednesdays!

WELCOME to Rabid Reader Recommendations, or R3 WEDNESDAYS! We host this discussion the first Wednesday of every month; it’s a great opportunity to recommend and discuss works you have enjoyed in queer speculative fiction. For February’s R3, the theme is: Epic queer fantasy!   HOW IT WORKS: The works have to be QUILTBAG Speculative Fiction. They have to be related to the theme. This is a reader discussion. Don’t recommend your own works–get someone to do it for you! Please include a Goodreads link or something comparable. You can create a new comment for each recommendation if you’d like. Join … Read more

FOR BOTH: Is Fantasy Romance Still Viable?

fantasy romance - pixabay

FOR WRITERS & READERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Amy Wasp Wimberger: Fantasy Romance (especially epic fantasy) is one of the lowest selling categories in the romance world. Why do you think that is? Is it a viable genre? Is it due for a comeback? Writers, do you write it? What’s your experience? Readers, do you read it? If not, why? Join the chat

FOR AUTHORS: Best Author Advice Groups

advice - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer KL Whitestar: What Facebook writing groups do authors recommend for good advice on writing?” I’m not looking for publishing advice, just advice/discussion on writing technique, lessons, bouncing around ideas etc. I don’t feel QSF goes into that as much as it does Promo, Opinions, and general fun stuff. Not that it’s bad, it’d be hard to cover every topic. I’m just looking for something more specific. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Where Do You Get Your Books?

bookstore - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Richard Wood: Best sources for inexpensive to standard price LGBT books in all categories, from both known and unknown authors? Do not limit it to just sources for books in English as the membership here is completely international. Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR READERS: Give Me Unusual Beasts

goblin - pixabay

FOR READERS Today’s reader topic comes from QSFer Victoria Stagg Elliott: What creatures would you like to see incorporated into more paranormal stories? I’m a big fan of the Golem and the Dybuk from Jewish folklore, but what creatures would you like to see more of? Writers: This is a reader chat – you are welcome to join it, but please do not reference your own works directly. Thanks! Join the chat

FOR WRITERS: Ace Characters and Intimacy

man - pixabay

FOR WRITERS Today’s writer topic comes from QSFer Rory Ni Coileain: How do you show an intimate relationship with Ace characters that doesn’t involve even fade-to-black closed-door sex? This is a potentially sensitive topic, so please be careful to avoid stereotypes and treat the subject respectfully. Legacy chat. Join the chat